Welcome

Friday, September 23, 2011

Jitterbug dance

I really amuse when watching this dance.A type of swing dance that also remind me during my teenage days.Remember break dance? Well its hot during my younger days and I am not exceptional either on this phenomena that hits the world.I and friends use to do break dancing way back then and even perform in expo.I did do a performance wile dancing and singing a Jive Bunny song in ADD(annual dinner and dance) of my previously employed company back then.Believe more than 20 years had pass but when I see this Jitterbug dance its remind me what I did back then.I really enjoy it.
The term jitterbug comes from an early 20th-century slang term used to describe alcoholics who suffered from the "jitters" (i.e., delirium tremens).The term became associated with swing dancers who danced without any control or knowledge of the dance.In popular culture, it became generalized to mean swing dancers themselves, or a type of swing dance – for example "they danced the jitterbug", or the act of swing dancing – "People were top-notch jitterbugging, jumping around, cutting loose and going crazy".

Wahm additionally popularized the term in their 1984 UK Number 1 hit, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.

The "Lindy Hop", an energetic jitterbug dance, was so named after Charles Lindbergh's flight to Paris in 1927, when the newspaper headline read: "Lindy Hops The Atlantic". Featuring: Evita Arce (USA), Jo Hoffberg (USA), Juan Villafane (Argentina), Kevin St Laurent (USA), Nathan Bugh (USA) and Sharon Davis (Australia).


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...