Welcome

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Road to Larkin Dua


It's original name is "Larkin Government English School" which open it's door for the first time in 16 September 1956 but shared the building back than with "Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Ngee Heng".The first students was only 165 pupils and taught by 5 teachers.The first principal was Tuan Mohd Salleh Bin Hassan and its own building were completed in January 1957 at the current location.On Mei 1969 the school had been divided into two section which is "Sekolah Kebangsaan Larkin Satu" and "Sekolah Kebangsaan Larkin Dua" with yearly rotation of morning and afternoon session between the schools.My first day in school was in 1977 where En.Sinnapah is the principal, before he been promoted to lead the Johor state KBSR in 1982.

Well some history I manage to get after all this years and doing it because of my loves for this school where once I studied.A once upon a time story with Cheers,happiness and curiosity when pursueing my early education life.
Larkin 2 school is located in Johor Bahru and near to the capital city of Johor which is Johor Bahru .I am travelling from Skudai,some 20km away those days to study in this school, a bit far I guess during that time in the late 70's.

                                              The present Larkin 2 primary school

A cool guy and I will not be to excited and know how to carry myself. Why ? because my first day in school those during that period, I notice some kids of my age do cried when they enter the classroom for the first time.Acompany with their parents whom waiting eagerly outside the classroom to ensure their love one is not out of control.My father accompany me during my first day but the next day I had to go alone but luckily I have the same age friends where we count on each others when going to school via school bus.I live in Public Utilities Board (PUB) located in Skudai.PUB is a Singapore Government control water treatment Plant where my father had worked.We stayed there but now it is under Syarikat Air Johor (SAJ) as the Johor-Singapore water agreement ended in 2011.I do have couples of friends whom goes to the same school with me.That's make my life a bit more conveniences I guess with what you call in malay "Ada Geng".

All of us definitely will remember the memories we had during our primary school,where we first learn to communicate and starting to have a chain of friends.Those day we do not see any establishment in our eduction system on pre-school or kindergarten like what we have now.But yet some of us back then did expose to such environment before our first little step to "standard one" and I am fortunate to fall in this category.The memories still fresh on my mind the thing I had done during those days with my group of friends. Studies,homework,games and not to forget our first "crush" if school..well the list will go on if I do not stop here.



                                                Primary One class with Puan Ng


                                        My standard 4 classes with Puan Hamidah and
                                during my standard 5 gang with Puan Rozario

I remember my first sport day at our school field where my team (Yellow) or we call by the given name as "Hang Lekir" (taken from a legendary Malay warrior during the 15th century Melaka sultanate ; Hang Tuah for Red , Hang Kasturi for green and Hang Jebat for blue) won the first price.We had a game to dress up one of our classmate like an Hawaiian welcoming girls with "hula hoop" and this Hawaiian school friend of mine is a girl of cause.I had a portion to garland her where I had to run from the starting point which is about 20-30 meters away.Running as quickly as I can to put the garland on her than came back to the starting point to pass the baton to my next team mate to do his portion.That was really fun and I won a pencil case as a price.I only wish I had this pencil case in my possession now which will be priceless.Something extra ordinary wishes I guess....?

                                               Sport day during primary 2...what a day!

A proud Scout and that will be my memorable time during my primary school days.Well I feel just want to spill out all the memories I had when writing this post but I plan to keep it short and simple so I can safe some for my future post.When I start writing, all my old memories start to recall back one by one.I like to write at a nice cosy place and sometime at my favourite spot in Starbucks alone, having my favourite Mocha and laughing by myself while writing this post.Memories of yesteryear playing a long like a tape recorder in my head.I do notice a beautiful girl in blue tight jeans with a green t-shirt always catch a glimpse on me.I hope she do not think I'm some kind of mad guy or "SS".Anyway she looks gorges and my advise, learn to appreciate and enjoy the sight of beauty,You don't leave twice so enjoy while you can. 

                                                    My proud Scout team members

 
Times had gone so fast and it's been almost close to 30 years since I left Larkin 2 back in 1982.I had to thanks to the Social Network for bringing some of my wonderful Larkin 2 school friends together.I like to call our group the "Old Boys and Girls from Larkin 2" especially batch from 1977 -1982 classes.We do had a meeting now and then and all of us do keep in touch while are busy with their own profession but we still keep in touch especially in social media.We still the "Old Boys and Girls from Larkin 2".Don't we..?

                                       During one of our Old Boys meet up...Fun! after
                               all this years with Zaki,Hafiz,,Taufik,Wan and myself.


I feel sad and disbelieve when get to know that some of my old school mate had left us.Pass away leaving nothing but my memories of them.Past memories that will be remembered forever.I am honoured to get to know them even if it is just for 6 years.The year that will not come back for sure.To them my fallen comrade,rest in peace my dear friends.With God bless.

Sometime I do pass by the route of my old school Larkin 2 when ever I got a chance and sometime I do it purposely by driving along this small road.Bringing my old memories back to the old days.When I were just a small boy that had studied at the very same place.That kindle beautiful flash back while you are driving slowly along the road that once you had walked,played and wonderd.Listening to the music with my memory starting to flick back those pages of history in me.


                                           Road to Larkin School with new environment



                                     Some old houses still there which bring back my memories

Changes are rapid with new building and housing project in progress at the surrounding area .No more coconut trees where I use to play, just beside "Mak Zam" stall. No more houses and the mystery road to "Kampung Kastam" that is just at the back of the school near to primary 2 classes where now had been replace by new three story school building to carter for more classes.I with friends use to walk after our school session along this small path for a quick adventure while waiting for our school bus.An adventurers small road that pass by field and kampung houses.You can't find this environment nowadays especially near to the city area but I did had this chances. And I am happy for what I had gone through.


                                   Warung Mak Zam vanish and now replace by classy cake house
                                       The old boys and girls of Larkin school will remember
                              this house.

Larkin 2 school had change with some additional new building but I wish in near future I would like return and step my foot again in this place , walking on the same path that I had walk 30 years ago.The field, staircase and corridors that will still whisper my past moment.

                           Once upon a time suppose to be my mystery road to Kampung Kastam but
                    now no such greens and totally look like urban place.I miss this
                    little adventure of my past time.

                               The old entrance with new look is now Larkin One primary school

                                         Time fly with new development at school background
                           A glimpse of school field with teacher room on the back ground

My road to Larkin 2 will be remembered and cherish by those who share the same experiences.The road to my Larkin 2 memories will need to end here.My memorable childhood school days is still kindling my though and will remain there untill the end of my life.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...