Welcome

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Walking Walking Eating Eating - Melaka

                                                        St.Francis church at night


I just came back from a short weekend trip from historical town Melaka.I been there couple of time but this trip is very memorable one.If you goes with close friends and with all the family joint together will be a different atmosphere totally.The trip that we plan a month ago is really a success and now all of us looking forward for another family trip.That will be later and for now I will like to talked about time I spend during my wonderful trip with family and friends.

All of us meet at Burger King (BK) before the Senai Plus toll for a meet up at 7.30am.Not to take a breakfast in BK but to go for our next destination together for breakfast and that will be non other than a famous Rail Cafe' in Kluang Johor.Not the one inside the Railway station but one of its branch somewhere near by.Well the crowd are there and the coffee is really superb.We did over excitedly ordered to much items for breakfast not considering that we will be having a heavy lunch later.Anyway the guys can eat at that is the whole purpose of this trip which we call "Jalan Jalan Makan Makan" a Malay saying for "walking walking eating eating".

                                              Rail Coffee , Kluang and Eating time
 

Since all of us eat to much breakfast and to digest them we decided to have a visit to Butterfly & Reptiles farm since our kids will also love to visit there anyway, this is to add more excitement to our trip. We did have a great fun but extreme hot weather had make all of us tired especially children's.So dangling in my thought a little voice keep saying "You have to take a dip in hotel pool after the Check In" and that what I did when we reach Bayview hotel,Melaka.

                                                             Fun at Butterfly Park

Couple of hours in pool no bad at all when the weather is hot but we reach our destination hotel almost close to 6pm.The lunch that all of us had must be mention here first.

Pantai Klebang in Melaka there is a cosy remote old squash court where "Peranakan"  (Terms used for the descendants of late 15th and 16th-century Chinese immigrants to the Indonesian archipelago of Nusantara during the Colonial era) family managing the restorant there from 12pm up to 4pm.We reach there about 2.30pm and had a great lunch.The "Ikan Kerapu" (Kerapu Fish: Epinephelus coioides ) with sambal...!!(Chillies base sauce) out of this world I can describe the taste.The sotong sambal and udang (Squid and prawn) is really tasty.All the food are delicious and I had set this destination in my GPRS so if I visit Melaka again this will be the place I go for my lunch that, if I manage to be there within the time frame.Thanks to my buddy Mohan for introducing such a good eating place.

Entrance, the Klebang place

                                                  Try this ! I ate 3 1/2 of this fish I guess !!

Delicious "Sotong&Udang sambal"

My favarote "Asam Pedas"

                                                   What a great lunch all of us had

Next trip to Melaka , Klebang will be on my Lunch schedule

Before proceed to our Hotel for Checking In we did saw a long stretch of people queue up for a famous "Klebang Coconut Shake".What the hack!  we are there so let try it anyway.That what we did and waited patently to buy this coconut shake.I do not want to comment and taste for your self to judge the so call "Klebang Coconut Shake" when you had a chance to visit Melaka.That why we end up close to 6pm to Check Into Hotel room but.......... swimming still ON.

Long queue to buy coconut shake

Try for yourself The Klebang Original coconut shake

Windy and cold weather accompany me in my venture in Hotel pool but my kids love it anyway and they did continue the following morning in the pool without me.Yes I do understand kids love water as I did when I were kid too but not in swimming pool instead a place we call "sungai" (River). I am a little bit adventures and learn my swimming in such a place those day.

The Hotel Lobby Bayview,Melaka

                           And finally at last manage to have a dip in the pool...what a relief !

Our next plan that night is to have a stroll in the famous Jonker street.Yeah! before that we did try to catch a glimpse on Melaka River cruse and plan to have a ride on them but when we saw the crowd we had to change our plan.Jonker street as usual pack with people from all walk of life.Lively as usual and finally we settle down at a nice place for dinner and when I say nice its also mean nice spot and eye catching or washing...what ever you want to put it.Their Nonya food is not bad at all and I took Nonya chicken curry with bun.Had to admit the chicken curry is really delicious like a "Peranakan" chicks...errr... I mean their curry.

Enjoying the night


Jonker Walk packed on weekend


                                 Nice spot to relax and have some cendol

                                 MAMA taste traditional Nyonya cuisine


As usual a post mortem been conducted by us (ladies different room) in one of the room to review our current trip and future plan.Mohan Nerjo room had been selected since he came alone (single) without his wife and he is also our "Tok Guru" (Leader) for this trip.We had a great fun's talking and talking which end up until 2am.Mohan room have a great view as all of us had a same row but Mohan room is opposite.Eye catching view of Melaka straits from our room but for him he had to settle down with a room facing "Bukit China", Chinese cemetery and at the further right there is a Malay cemetery.But he did sleep well through out the night without any disturbance from "Hang Li Po" ghost or any old malay warrior ghost as the cemetery is indeed dated back to 15th or 16th century.

                                                         View from my hotel room

The following morning ladies and kids had a breakfast in Hotel but we guys had a little walk, site seeing with beautiful Sunday morning Melaka city life and went for an Indian style breakfast.But in Melaka when ever there is a good food you can see the crowd and people had to queue for it.Almost every where people are queueing up for good food.Something I can't find in Johor Baharu my hometown.For lunch we had a famous Chicken Rice Ball which also had to queue.Their Nonya cendol (Traditional dessert from South East Asia) is really taste good.

                                          Photo session before we check out from Hotel

Chicken Rice Ball.But I still prefer normal rice

Nyonya Cendol

                                    Crowded and people had to queue for the lunch

Overall it really a fun weekend for all of us and we already had a plan to go for our next trip and the destination will be none other than Penang.The theme I believe will have "Eating" or "Makan" as well because I foresee we will be eating and eating and eating in Penang which already famous for its good delicious food.

Our next stop.....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good one..

Tharanspost said...

Penang trip will be next year 2015 for sure as this year went with buddies only.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...