Welcome

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Devotion In Guruvayur



I can't find any suitable tittle for my post on Guruvayur this time.I were there for 3 days witnessing the communion bewen man and God with devotion playing a major role in mind.I had to conclude the above title will suite the best.You don't find this anywhere else except in India I guess.Go to Guruvayur temple and see for yourself where bakti is concern in Man toward his creator.I had a splendid time spend there which my mind is kind of planning to come again for another visit but this time plan to bring my family along which is not a bad idea at all.I wish and hope my family will not miss this opportunity to visit Guruvayur temple and receive the Lord Krishna darshan.
Had to wake up as early as 1am in the wee morning to queue for the darshan at where temple opening will be at 3am sharp to see the  "Nirmalayam", "Abisegam" and "Alangaram" of the Lord.What a pleasant and devotional sight it is where again and again myself going for a queue just to see the glimpse of Lord Guruvayur without realising it and carried away.I don't mind to scarify my sleep just for this and will do it again if had a chance in near future.

Bakthi is the word I can describe in this place with thousand of devotees  coming and going through out the day and night.Such a pleasant sight at the town which I guess do not sleep.The shops are operating 24 hours around the clock and the man,women and children whom yearning for the lord darshan waiting eagerly outside the temple compound for the opening of "nada" (temple).

Had to mention about the place that we stay just a few yard from the temple call Krishna Inn.Nice and decent place to stay if you intend not to travel long to get the darshan.It just a few yard away from the temple which is very convenience for us during our stay there.The food is good with comfortable accommodation (Must thanks my buddy Sudesh as he use to visit Guruvayur often)
A pleasant stay in Guruvayur with enchanting view with full of devotion.I guess after Thirupathi temple Guruvayur did witness a long queue but with controllable crowds.


                                             Krishna Inn where we stayed

Temple mural is one of a kind with beautiful painting and art.A Common art form in Kerala,India.


                                                Typical Kerala art


                             Way to temple entrance from Hotel

Not to miss the Guruvayur Seeveli and lights around the temple at night with enchanting vibration.

                                                       Seeveli

                                                 Splendid view  

Elephant sanctuary is also near by which is a must place to visit and spend some time to see how they take care and train this animals.

                                            Elephant Sanctuary

Not to forget to visit Guruvayur Kesavan memorial which I had also future previously in my blog.Finally I am there to witness myself...At last!

                                        
                                           The famous Kesavan

I had spend a good time there and believe this will not be my last.Like to go again for another trip.The enchanting Guruvayur temple,Thrissur Kerala which I see the devotion to lord all mighty on people visiting there.Om Namo Bagavate Vasudevaya!
            

2 comments:

Tharanspost said...

Nirmalyam (3am to 3.10am ) Among all poojas in the Temple, Nirmalyam is considered to be the most down to earth. The idol is dressed as a simple common man in just a loin string clothe with an ordinary garland of Thechi. It is believed that all the Gods worship the Lord during that time, when he appears in such simple manner other than with heavy diamond studded ornaments. WE get a very short period of roughly 2-3 minutes of this Darshan which is considered to be the very worthy in some one’s life as it is believed that during that short period there’s the presence all GODS as they too are worshipping the Lord. The moment the priest touches the idol for the daily make up; the GODS leave the sanctum sanctorum.

Ramanuja said...

Its one of the best temple India had.Kerala have a lot of famous and ancient temple such as this.Good artical.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...