Welcome

Monday, May 09, 2016

Acha Whom Left Without Saying Goodbye.....A Tribute To My Late Father.



I decided to write and dedicate this post to my deceased father Kasuvan.I pray to the Almighty may his athma attain satgathi and if his athma had to be born again let it be born into our family.Om Namah Shivaya.

The Beginning.....

Acha! My father late Kasuvan s/o Kunjuraman.Malayalee people address their father as Acha.Still fresh in my mind when I were five, Acha use to bring me to a nearby theatre located at Sekudai Tenth miles (Bt10 as known then).I like to watch Kung Fu movies and act like one.Acha knew and he will bring me along whenever they screen Kung Fu movie in that movie theather.While riding along with him on his Honda Bullet bike version 1960's.

I live in Public Utilities Board own by Singapore Government (PUB).Acha join there as a Fitter and become Plant Attendant before his premature retirement.He had a mild stroke that leave him paralyse on right arm and leg.With this condition Acha not be able to continue working there anymore.We move from Buan Heng Estate to a new workers quarter's in Sultan Ismail Water Works in 1974.A plant worth 22 million back in 1964 and were officially open by HH Sultan Ismail Al-Khalidi Ibni Ibrahim Al-Masyhur of Johor.The current Sultan Of Johor grandfather.Now the plant had been return to Johor under Malaysia - Singapore 1961 water agreement and manage by Syarikat Air Johor (SAJ) since the agreement had expired in 2011.

Acha work hard and strive for better living environment.A better place for leaving and comfortable surrounding.Its far and much better environment compare to rubber plantation.I live without seeing any difficulties during my childhood and thanks to Acha prefect balance managing his new and young family.He married Amma when he was only 21 years old back in 1969. My mother Santha d/o Kunjappa is a full time housewife.Acha work from 7am to 3pm daily and then continue to drive his private Taxi also known as Kereta Sapu those day.

Acha and Amma wedding photo 1969
 
Acha at his working place in early day at PUB Sekudai (Acha far right)

Many incidence in my life that I can recall whenever I think about Acha.One such incidence is during PUB pay day.Yes its is very nostalgic experience for me.Siren in PUB will be longer than usual,indicating that day is a salary day and that will make my day as well.Excitement when I received 10cent from Acha,with a feast of satay and ground nut paste.Some of my PUB neighbour, whom will open an instant satay shop exclusive during this day and that will be a rare sight.You will never get the taste of that satay's again.Its delicious and only made in PUB Sekudai.

With my sibling from left Sujatha,Sathish and Sunitha at our
block around 1977.My mom took this picture

Acha pass away on 9th February 2016 at 5.55am at the age of 67,three month before his 68 birthday.Meanwhile I'm rushing back home from my India vacation trip.A short trip that I will not forget forever.Guruvayur is my second destination after dropping by at Kudungullur Bagavathi temple.I went to pray for Acha well being alone in that early morning 3am in Guruvayur and with moist eyes.Feeling that difficult for me to express and something inside me tell that I will not see my Acha again.My worries become reality when I back to the Hotel that I stayed.A phone call that had crush me and made a scar till to this date."Acha is very serious and Doctor had given up all the hope", a voice from the other end told me.Emotion took over me from then onward.With a moisture eyes I reach Malaysia the following day.I can't even control my emotion and cried like I never cried before when I saw Acha's body were in progress of embalming at Taman Nesa Milinium Mortuary.He look pale and very different.With the final bath and ritual, I put Acha body into the coffin.Running wild in my mind that day, " Acha thanks for everything you did for all of us,You are near but yet to far and as a Son I will do my duties as per describe in our Scripture.I will not disappoint you Acha,I will not".May your athma attain satgathi Acha".I took the responsibility as your son to do the Tharpanam till my last breath.The oath that I had taken when I saw Acha dead body lying stiff in front of me.

Acha did not say goodbye to me,"Acha its very painful for me to accept that you are no more and gone forever.I knew deep inside my hearth you are proud and satisfied with where I am today.Your eyes say a thousand word when I look at you that day right before I took leave from you".I didn't realise that will be our last and final meet.

I had to face the fact that Acha is no more,gone forever.His memory will be there with me until my last day before I come to meet you again.You will be forever remembered in my Prayer Acha.Your mandate will be carried on my shoulder and I will do my best to make it happened.My duties as your son to fulfil all your last wishes.Don't worry and leave the rest to me Acha.With God will all will be alright.Have a peaceful life there.

We little knew that morning that God
was going to call your name,
In life we loved you dearly,in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,you did not go alone,
For part of us went with you,the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories,your love is still our guide,
And though we cannot see you,you are always at our side.
Our family chain is broken,and nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us one by one,the chain will link again.

May your soul attain satgathi Acha.

I wish to express heartfelt thanks to my relatives and friends for all the invaluable prayer,support and
assistance during my bereavement.

To be continue.......

Next.....
Acha early days in PUB and how I grew up under his guidance back then.....Acha is a runner and he will run every evening.I were 4 then...still remember when I will wait for his return from the feild eger to get "Air Batu Malaysia" (Home made Ice cream) where he will buy for me and sibling......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro really touching and may his soul rest in peace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...