Welcome

Friday, October 21, 2011

Ayam Penyet

Ayam Penyet is one of those food that seems to be getting popular nowadays. Considering the fact that few years back, no one in Malaysia would have heard of it, it is quite a feat when we think about how it is flooding our market at the moment. I think it’s quite comparable to the Bubble Tea or Taiwanese Xiang Ji Pai craze (You have one in Jusco Tebrau - They call it Taiwanese Streets shop). But yet while the interest of those 2 foods wear off after a while, this Indonesian dish I reckon will still be around for quite some time because it is a main dish.



                                                 The Chili which make the different
I love this Indonesian food and there are some places in JB that really have a tasty Ayam Penyet.Now days you see all over the place and even mamak shop start selling this Nasi Ayam Penyet.I wonder how they smack the ayam....until become penyet!

Penyet is seriously the right name to use for whatever flatten food they’re trying to sell. For those who don’t know, Penyet means ‘Flatted’.Now if this name was newly invented by any Indonesian guy because they want to make us pay for Indonesian’s brand of flatted food, then he has absolutely got it right!

You can hardly find the Ayam Penyet in Indonesia other than the famous Ayam Kremes and Ayam Goreng.Its came with the crispy bits that we see in Ayam Penyet here. So that seriously left me wondered whether is this Ayam Penyet a real thing or some kind of food that’s invented or tweaked to serve the local taste.Anyhow this Ayam Penyet really taste good and I love their sambal.The ingredient that must really "kicks" to ensure the Ayam Penyet is superb and out of this world.Agreed with me?

Nowdays you can also have Udang Penyet,Ikan Penyet,Sotong Penyet and everything that been penyet.Don't believe? Go and land on any famous Ayam Penyet outlet in JB.You will understand what I mean.Happy trying folks.


I remember when I was first introduced to Ayam Penyet, I was left thinking “What’s the difference between this and Nasi Ayam?” To me it is almost the same thing. From the rice to the chicken to the cucumbers to the soup. After eating it, it is indeed Nasi Ayam Penyet really make some difference and it did came on some kind of wooden plate with noticeable more chili.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one..I like them to

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...